COOKING RICE IN A STEAMER - COOKING SCHOOL LOS ANGELES
- The practice or skill of preparing food
- Food that has been prepared in a particular way
- (cook) someone who cooks food
- (cook) prepare a hot meal; "My husband doesn't cook"
- The process of preparing food by heating it
- the act of preparing something (as food) by the application of heat; "cooking can be a great art"; "people are needed who have experience in cookery"; "he left the preparation of meals to his wife"
- A type of saucepan in which food can be steamed
- soft-shell clam: a clam that is usually steamed in the shell
- a cooking utensil that can be used to cook food by steaming it
- A ship or boat powered by steam
- A steam locomotive
- travel by means of steam power; "The ship steamed off into the Pacific"
- (IN-AS) Assam (Assamese: ??? Oxom ) is a northeastern state of India with its capital at Dispur located in the city of Guwahati.
- previous part of Lesson 1, work was defined as a force acting upon an object to cause a displacement. When a force acts to cause an object to be displaced, three quantities must be known in order to calculate the work.
- Force (cooked potatoes or other vegetables) through a sieve or ricer
- grains used as food either unpolished or more often polished
- annual or perennial rhizomatous marsh grasses; seed used for food; straw used for paper
[Indonesian Food] Ketan Serundeng - Steamed Glutinous Rice with Spicy Grated Coconut
Ketan/Steamed Glutinous Rice
2 cups glutinous rice/sweet rice, soaked for 1 hour, drained
1/2 tsp salt + 1 pandan leaf
1/2 cup coconut milk
1. Steam rice with pandan leaf and salt until half-cooked. Remove from steamer. Set aside.
2. Mix coconut milk, salt and pandan leaf, stir well, bring to a boil. Remove from heat.
3. Add coconut milk to the half-cooked rice. Stir until absorbed.
4. Put the rice back on the steamer. Steam for 30 minutes.
1 cup dried grated coconut
5 kaffir limes leaves, chopped finely
1 tbsp caster sugar
Spices to grind :
3 cloves garlic
1 tbsp dried shrimp
1 tsp palm sugar/gula jawa/dark brown sugar
2 red chillies (as desired)
salt to taste
2 tbsp fried peanut
1 tbsp vegetable oil for sauteing
saute the paste in a hot pan until fragrant, add dried grated coconut and chopped kaffir limes leaves, sprinkle with sugar, mixed well. Remove from heat.
Serve : form the sticky rice into mini balls shape and coated with serundeng
Curry Vers3 Step Three
as the: onion, garlic, tomato paste, scallions, bell peppers, olive oil, ginger (my slew of aromatics i blended and saved as a seasoning in everything, good to store) are sauteing, i mixed coconut milk, with pumpkin puree, the meatballs are resting, the rice is complete and i placed a coffee filter so it wont fall through the holes in the steamer with eggs peeled and cut arranged around to be heated when everything was done. Also i deglazed the sautee mix with some apple cider, it lent a very nice fresh flavor that didnt make it too thick or oily.
instructions for cooking a turkey
cooking classes in florida
beef cooking calculator
cooking beans in a rice cooker
survival cooking gear
cooking with anne
cooking with cabbage
turkey tetrazzini cooking light
tag : cooking rice in a steamer camping equipment uk fan ovens