Cooking red potatoes in the oven. French cooking ingredients.
Cooking Red Potatoes In The Oven
- The potato is a starchy, tuberous crop from the perennial Solanum tuberosum of the Solanaceae family (also known as the nightshades). The word potato may refer to the plant itself as well as the edible tuber.
- The practice or skill of preparing food
- (cook) someone who cooks food
- (cook) prepare a hot meal; "My husband doesn't cook"
- the act of preparing something (as food) by the application of heat; "cooking can be a great art"; "people are needed who have experience in cookery"; "he left the preparation of meals to his wife"
- The process of preparing food by heating it
- Food that has been prepared in a particular way
- Overview (total time = 00:29:39), I cover some definitions of lean, its roots in the Toyota Production System, and how resource planning and lean work together.
- (in this) therein: (formal) in or into that thing or place; "they can read therein what our plans are"
- “steady state” thermal values obtained from laboratory testing, it is assumed that temperatures at both sides of a wall are constant and remain constant for a period of time, unlike what actually occurs in normal conditions.
- A small furnace or kiln
- A cremation chamber in a Nazi concentration camp
- An enclosed compartment, as in a kitchen range, for cooking and heating food
- An oven is an enclosed compartment for heating, baking or drying. It is most commonly used in cooking and pottery. Ovens used in pottery are also known as kilns. An oven used for heating or for industrial processes is called a furnace or industrial oven.
- kitchen appliance used for baking or roasting
- (Ovens) The small dome-shaped adobe ovens are used just as the old Dutch ovens of Pennsylvania were used. A fire is built in the oven and when it becomes sufficiently hot the coals are all raked out and the bread put in to bake in the heat.
Honeyed Chicken Legs & Roasted Potatoes with Herbs
Everything tasted great! I will make this again. I omitted the veggies in the chicken recipe. I used quartered red potatoes.
Honeyed Chicken Legs
Recipe courtesy Food network
6 whole chicken legs, skinned
4 carrots, sliced thick
1 large onion, cut into 1/8-inch pieces
1 navel orange, cut into 1/8ths
1 tablespoon herbes de Provence
1 teaspoon seasoned salt or Cavender's Greek seasoning
2 tablespoons honey
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
2 tablespoons olive oil, or to taste
Hot pepper sauce, to taste
2 zucchini, sliced
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Arrange chicken in an oiled baking dish and surround with the carrots, onion and orange. Sprinkle the chicken and vegetables with the herbes de Provence and seasoned salt.
In a small bowl combine the honey and mustard and brush the mixture over the chicken. Drizzle the chicken and vegetables with the oil and sprinkle with hot pepper sauce. Bake, covered with foil, basting occasionally, for 45 minutes. Uncover, add zucchini, and bake for an additional 20 minutes or until juices from chicken run clear and vegetables are tender. If desired, run under a preheated broiler about 4 inches from the heat until golden.
Roasted Baby Potatoes with Herbs
Recipe courtesy Giada De Laurentiis
1/2 pound small red-skinned potatoes (about 1 3/4-inch diameter), scrubbed
1/2 pound small white-skinned potatoes (about 1 3/4-inch diameter), scrubbed
1 tablespoon herbes de Provence, plus extra for garnish
3 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil, plus extra for drizzling
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
Put the potatoes into a large bowl. In a small bowl, whisk the herbs, garlic, and oil together until blended, and then pour over the potatoes. Sprinkle generously with salt and pepper and toss to coat. Transfer the potatoes to a heavy large baking dish, spacing them evenly apart.
Roast the potatoes until they are tender and golden, turning them occasionally with tongs, about 1 hour. Transfer the roasted potatoes to a decorative platter and drizzle with extra-virgin olive oil and herbes de Provence, if desired. Serve hot or warm.
an elegant potato salad
roasted potato salad with shaved fennel and salsa verde
? cup chopped fresh flat leaf parsley
? c. olive oil (extra virgin)
3 Tbsp. thinly sliced chives
3 Tbsps. drained, rinsed, and chopped capers
2 Tbsps. fresh orange juice
1 Tbsp. white wine or champagne vinegar
1 tsp. finely grated orange zest
1 tsp. chopped fresh thyme
1 medium shallot, finely chopped
1 medium clove garlic, finely chopped
Kosher salt/pepper to taste
1 medium-small fennel bulb
1 recipe simple roasted potatoes
simple roasted potatoes:
2 pounds small red-skinned potatoes or small Yukon Gold potatoes, washed and cut into
? inch chunks
3 Tbsps extra-virgin olive oil
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
Position a rack in the center of the oven heated to 450 degrees F. Spread the potatoes on a heavy-duty rimmed baking sheet. Drizzle with the olive oil, sprinkle with 1 tsp kosher salt and several grinds of black pepper, and roll them around to evenly coat with oil. Spread potatoes in a single layer, preferably with cut side down. Roast until tender when pierced with a fork and browned on side touching the pan, 20-30 minutes.
Loosen potatoes from pan with a thin spatula and toss with fennel and salsa verde.
fennel and salsa verde:
In a medium bowl, stir the parsley, olive oil, chives, capers, orange juice, vinegar, orange zest, thyme, shallot and garlic to make the salsa verde. Season with kosher salt and pepper to taste.
Cut off the top and bottom of the fennel and cut the bulb in half from top to bottom. Lay each half flat on its cut surface and the slice each half crosswise as thinly as possible. Stop slicing when you hit the core (a little core is alright but you don’t want wise areas of core in your slices). Save the remainder for another use.
Add the salsa verde and shaved fennel to the bowl of roasted potatoes. Toss well, season with kosher salt and pepper to taste and serve.
From Fine Cooking, September 2006
cooking games easy bake
daily cooking with samina jalil
twisted cooking mama2
cooking games with barbie
terra cotta cooking
cooking with coconuts
kids cooking recipe
a lot of thai cooking school
cooking games biz salad
tag : cooking red potatoes in the oven cats slow prime rib